Commercial Transactions and Business Formation
You’ve made the ambitious and wise decision to go into business for yourself. You might be buying an existing business, for example, or launching a new enterprise, or simply testing the waters with something small. Perhaps you are purchasing your first rental property or opening a small shop. If you’re at another phase of entrepreneurship, you might ask us to help you expand a current business. Or, maybe you’ve decided to retire and reap the benefits of your hard work by selling your business.
Whatever forms your entrepreneurial ambitions take, the Law Firm of Richard A. Klass, Esq. can provide you with legal resources to help ensure commercial transactions proceed smoothly and cost effectively.
We provide legal representation in the following areas.
Selection of the proper form of entity, including:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Sole Proprietorships
- Professional Corporations
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Purchasing and selling businesses, including drafting and negotiating documents such as:
- opens in a new windowOperating Agreements
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- opens in a new windowAsset Purchase Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Management Agreements
Financing aspects of the business, including:
- Securitization and loan instruments
- opens in a new windowUniform Commercial Code [UCC] Financing Statements
- Security Instruments
- Reviews of bank/financial institution loan documents
- Investors’ Term Sheets
Lease review and negotiation, including:
- lease agreements
- personal guaranties
- opens in a new window“good guy” clauses
- assignments of lease
Consideration of intellectual property rights, including:
- Unfair competition/restrictive covenants/key man issues
- Other intellectual property issues
In addition, we handle a range of other commercial transactions related to starting, operating, selling or dissolving a business. Just ask.
For an initial consultation, contact the Law Firm of Richard A. Klass, Esq.