New Quarterly Newsletter
She obtained a money judgment against a property owner for personal injuries she sustained. To collect the judgment, the injured plaintiff’s counsel retained Richard A. Klass, Your Court Street Lawyer as special collection counsel.
Proceeding to declare there’s no homestead exemption:
Once a judgment has been entered, there are various enforcement measures available to the creditor to collect the money due on the judgment from the debtor. One of the most effective means of enforcing a Judgment is through a Sheriff’s auction sale of a debtor’s real property….
- 129,533 hits
Recent Blog Posts
- Statute of limitations and doctrine of continuous representation. September 16, 2020
- Dude, Where’s My Lawyer?: attorney illness September 1, 2020
- Attorney not liable to client for testimony of a witness at a deposition June 5, 2020
- Brooklyn Bar Association helps attorneys improve their resumes during COVID-19 May 28, 2020
- When Clients Don’t Pay Their Lawyers May 12, 2020