Richard A. Klass, Esq. is scheduled to speak about “Obtaining Surplus Funds in Foreclosure Proceedings” on opening day of the New York State Bar Association’s 2021 Annual Meeting. This is a two-week virtual conference, running from January 19th to the 29th.
Obtaining Surplus Funds in Foreclosure Proceedings
At 12:50pm, on Jan. 19, Klass will speak in the General Practice Section on the topic “Tips for Obtaining Surplus Funds in Foreclosure Proceedings during the Age of COVID-19.“
This talk will be moderated by Sarah E. Gold, Esq., of the Gold Law Firm in Albany, NY.
Several more luminaries of the New York State legal community are also scheduled to speak that day. The day’s schedule includes the following topics and speakers.
General Practice Section Welcome
- Domenick Napoletano, Esq. | Law Office of Domenick Napoletano, Brooklyn, NY
- Elisa S. Rosenthal, Esq. | Of Counsel, Franchina Law Group, LLC., Garden City, NY
Update on Cannabis Law
This program will discuss the history and background of the cannabis law, its legalization status nationwide, hemp vs. MJ, legal ethics, notable litigation, and consultants to licensed operators. It will also provide practical knowledge for attorneys regarding the cannabis industry, and cannabis business strategy. In addition, hot topic issues like advertising, M&A, and ethics all within the cannabis industry will be discussed.
- John Nichols, Esq. | Counsel, Barclay Damon, LLP., Syracuse, NY
- Shanita Penny M.B.A. | CEO, Founder and Principal, Budding Solutions; Immediate Past President, Minority Cannabis Business Association (MCBA), Baltimore, MD
Committee on Professional Discipline Welcome and Introductions
- Richard M. Maltz, Esq. | Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, PC., New York, NY
- Martin Minkowitz, Esq. | Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP., New York, NY
Ethics of Accepting a Frivolous or Questionable Representation
This distinguished panel will address the specific ethical obligations that attorneys face when confronted with a frivolous or questionable representation, along with many issues that arise in daily business. We will examine thorny ethical issues that are not expressly addressed by any model or state code of ethics, with an aim to impart user-friendly advice that will ultimately strengthen the ethical footing of your firm and your client.
- Joel Cohen, Esq. | Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP., New York, NY
- Andrea Bonina, Esq. | Chair, Grievance Committee for the Second, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts; Partner, Bonina & Bonina P.C., Brooklyn, New York
- Michael S. Ross, Esq. | Law Offices of Michael S. Ross, New York, NY
- Douglas H. Wigdor, Esq. | Founding Partner Wigdor Law, LLP.
CPLR Update: What’s New in New York Civil Practice Law and Rules
Burt Lipshie provides his indispensable review of changes to the New York Civil Practice. Widely regarded as an expert on New York procedure, Burt has served as an educator to, and an advocate on behalf of, the New York State Court System. This program is essential for all litigators.
- Burton N. Lipshie, Esq. | Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP., New York, NY
Tips for Obtaining Surplus Fund in Foreclosure Proceedings during the Age of COVID-19
In the age of COVID-19 and the many financial uncertainties being faced, Richard A. Klass, Esq., a former Chair of the General Practice Section shares his knowledge and expertise on how to navigate the obstacles presented by the pandemic in obtaining surplus funds in foreclosure proceedings.
- Sarah E. Gold, Esq. | Gold Law Firm, Albany, NY
- Richard A. Klass, Esq. | Law Office of Richard A. Klass, Brooklyn, NY
Virtual Notary During the Pandemic
Faced with the challenges of having Wills, Health Care Proxies, Deeds and like instruments notarized during these difficult and trying times, you will learn how to navigate the waters and service your clients during a time they needed us the most.
- Michael Markowitz, Esq. | Michael A. Markowitz, PC., Hewlett, NY
#CourtStreetLawyer #COVID19 #nysba